Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Activity · #1149517
No, I'm not kidding.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 7, 2006 at 5:39pm
Edited: September 7, 2006 at 6:44pm
Something to Ponder
by A Non-Existent User
(And by the way, thanks for raising the rating on the forum for this... *Smile*)

Let me just say before I launch into my dream that while I don't have nightmares every night, I tend to have them more often than the normal person would. (Okay, maybe scratch the "normal" part, because a crazy person should never be able to define normal.. *Wink*) I don't have a lot of stress/negativity in my life, in fact, I consider myself a happy person on the whole. Also, I don't eat before going to bed. (I heard that sometimes that can make dreams restless because your body's restless, therefore leading to nightmares...) Lately, though, it feels like every couple of nights I have a nightmare. Twice a week, in general terms.

Okay.

So I'm being threatened by someone with a knife. I don't know if it's a man or a woman, but I feel (in the dream) as if I SHOULD know. We're in a house, odd house, can't quite describe the inside, but I do know it feels stuffy, like it hasn't been cleaned in a long time. A house of pain. That emotion comes on pretty strongly when I think about it. At any rate, I manage to slip away from my attacker... they were not looking or not paying attention, I'm not sure. I make it out the front door... and we are in suburbia. Rows of prestine Victorian style homes with the white trim, whole nine yards. There's a woman and her young (6 or 7) daughter in the next yard over, raking leaves. I run over to her and ask if I can use her phone to call a cab. This whole time I know someone's chasing me, and why I don't ask for her to call 911 or the police is beyond me. We go inside, and the mother goes to call a cab when the attacker bursts into the home. The mother is killed by the attacker with the knife... a chef's knife, I remember getting a good look at it. I pull the daughter upstairs with me, but somewhere along the line she just dissappears. I make it to a bathroom on the second floor, lock myself in, and proceed to try and climb out the window. I'm halfway out of the window when the attacker manages to get into the bathroom and I wake up.

Either it's just paranoia, or I need a long visit with Dr. Frued... either way, any insight you can give me would be great.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Something to Ponder · 09-07-06 5:39pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Something to Ponder · 09-07-06 6:39pm
by Morty- Never Mind
Re: Re: Something to Ponder · 09-07-06 6:46pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Something to Ponder · 09-10-06 10:23pm
by Midnight Dawn

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Morty- Never Mind.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1365611