*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1365710
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Medical · #1013752
Share your feelings, frustrations. Teach others about yours, learn about theirs.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 7, 2006 at 9:59pm
Re: Comming to the forum for help.
Angela,

Tell the aide two things, then have her read "Epileptic Seizures - Nothing to Fear. It will describe Linda's seizures and give her a general idea what they can look like if Mickey has another one. Be there when she reads it to answer her questions. If she asks something you can't answer, pass her question to me. Here are those two things to tell her before she reads the piece:

1. All she needs to do is keep Mickey, or anyone else from hurting themselves when they move around in the first few seconds, or a minute, of the seizure. Things like pushing / pulling them away from hitting places or objects that could hurt them. Like sharp edges on doors, or furniture, or really hard surfaces like rock, concrete, etc. She can do anything she needs to do to keep them from hurting themselves. BECAUSE THEY WILL NOT FEEL ANYTHING. I pushed Linda into our couch once when a seizure hit her while she was standing nearby, to keep her from hitting the floor.

2. The best thing to do other than the protection I mention above is to let the person go through the seizure naturally and wake up on their own. It will make it even harder on them if she tries to restrain their motions, or wake them up before they are ready.

Both of these are used in the piece she should now read. Any questions, let me know.

-- Jim - aka Incurable Romantic
MESSAGE THREAD
Comming to the forum for help. · 09-07-06 7:18pm
by Angela's Niece needs Praye
*Star* Re: Comming to the forum for help. · 09-07-06 9:59pm
by Incurable Romantic
Re: Comming to the forum for help. · 10-09-06 4:19pm
by Wystful
Re: Re: Comming to the forum for help. · 10-10-06 6:49pm
by Incurable Romantic

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Incurable Romantic.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1365710