SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1417746
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Mystery · #1112811
A prompt-based mystery short story contest PROMPT1 WINNERS ANNOUNCED
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Dec 14, 2006 at 6:52pm
Ha Ha! A Third Prompt!
Ok, here is a THIRD prompt! I used to have this as an item in my port, but I never finished it, so I had it set as private. Now I'm freeing up space for new items in my port, so I'm taking what I had there and putting it as a little mini-contest here!

It doesn't quite lend itself to "competitiveness" as well as my second prompt (the most interesting character, which by the way I have gotten some pretty good entries for!) This will be more of a "try this idea and let me know how it works!" For really good ones I might give a little something more ...

So, what will I do if you try this? Well, you'll get some GP's (about 1000, depending on how many people try it and how many GP's I have).

So have at it!

This isn't totally complete yet, so when you get to the end of what I've suggested (and these really are suggestions), make up your own!

Take your characters from different stories on a road trip together! It's a long drive - 3 days there, 3 days badck. Where they're going doesn't matter really (unless you want it to.) It's what happens on the trip that counts.
You have a full-sized (15 passenger) van so you can invite along as many of your characters as will fit, but remember, these people are complete strangers to each other, so they might not like being too cramped.

*Star*Who's Coming?
What characters from what stories are coming, and what point are they at in their timeline (they don't all have to be like they are on the date/year you choose for the trip.)

*Star*Getting Ready
As people arrive and get the van packed up, here's some questions to think about:
~Who's driving?
~Who's there first?
~Who comes last?
~Who has packed only what they will need (just clothes and toiletries)?
~Who packs light but brings along some extras? What do they bring?
~Who brings everything and the kitchen sink?
~Who helps loading up the van?
~What people get to like each other right away?
~What people don't?

*Star*Starting Up - Day 1
As they get in the van and head off:
~Who sits where?
~What do they all do?
~Do they get in any arguements?
~Who is arguing and who stays out of it, who tries to make peace?
~Where do they stop for lunch?
~Do they go in and sit down or eat in the van?
~What do they each order?
~Once back on the road for a few hours, what do they start to complain about?

*Star*The First Night
They stop at a hotel, get enough rooms so that each person shares a room with one other person.
~What people share a room? (If there's an odd number of people, who is alone or what room has 3?)
~Is anyone reluctant to share a room? Why?
~Who's too tired to do anything, who's tired but stays up anyways, and who isn't tired at all?
~How do they sleep?

*Star*Morning of Day 2
~Who's awake first? Who sleeps in?
~What do they each do in the morning?
~What do they eat for breakfast if there is cereal, milk, bagels & creamcheese, fruit, and orange juice set up downstairs?
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Ha Ha! A Third Prompt! · 12-14-06 6:52pm
by Caren Rose

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Caren Rose.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1417746