*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1428575
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Teen · #1195813
A place for the younger 'teen' writers to hang out, share views, make friends etc
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 5, 2007 at 1:00pm
Re: Hoilday Topics
HAH! I definately had a 'blast'. I live in southern Arkansas right? And it's mostly country out there so my family like many others are farmers/horse owners.
Well *I* have been blessed with caring for horses everyday. Yes that is sarcasm. Our three horses are, Max, black male, Venyx, older female, and Zony MY HORSE, younger female. During my break I was supposed to take the horses and ride them for a while to increase their body heat and stretch their legs then put them back into their stables. It had iced over the night before an EVERYTHING was completely white...and crunchy. Well I was pulling zony out of her pen and leading her onto the iced grass when i saw my golden retriever Sephie frollacking stupidly around in circles at a fair distance. I figured she wouldn't come over because she and the horses are scared of eachother..so i just ignored her and saddled Zony ((Having a tough time with it since my fingers were going numb.)) Well i had just gotten these new pair of black furry boots that went over half way up my calf...about 5 inches beneath my knees and had random black furry straps wrapped around my them beneath the laces....*sigh* todays fashion has gone downhill...anyway, i had just stuck my foot into the saddle and had my leg swung halfway over her back when i realized one of the hooks on the foot loop had caught my boot. Alas, I was stuck =.........So i start wiggling my foot and the bells in my knee socks start ringing loudly but i don't notice them until SEPHIE started running for me. We used a bell to call her for every meal cause she's outside alot.....I swear it was like slow motion..i didn't even get the words out...it was like "oh shi-"WAM!...I was knocked off Zony's back as she started galloping away from the barn and I, with my boot still stuck, was dragged through the ice for atleast 10 yards screaming until the straps broke from my boot and i had splintered ice shoved up the back of my sweater. It was utter hell, i tell ya. =( I've NEVER worn those boots since!
MESSAGE THREAD
Hoilday Topics · 01-04-07 11:17am
by A Non-Existent User
*Star* Re: Hoilday Topics · 01-05-07 1:00pm
by Riddley S. The Victim

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Word smith says I'm Back.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1428575