Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1431165
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Health · #836526
For any one who suffers from chronic pain
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 10, 2007 at 2:25pm
It's Always Something!
by A Non-Existent User
Well, my psych doc finally found the right combination of medicines for me and I have been feeling much better for the last month or so.

In May, 2005, I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, yet all the medications they tried me on never seemed to help much and actually some made me feel worse. After about a year, and tired of being treated like a number instead of a patient, I switched doctors. I really like this new guy.

My sister has told me for quite some time that she thinks I have A.D.D. She was diagnosed with it a couple of years ago. Anyway, this one time I was going to an appointment I felt so out of my mind that I was afraid to drive the 30 minutes to get to my appointment. I asked my sis if she would drive and go in to the appointment with me. She did and, after lengthy discussions about what had not worked for me over the years, she told the doc she thought I had A.D.D. He gave me a questionnaire to fill out to see what my numbers would look like. Apparently they were high enough to make him consider it as a possibility. He seemed baffled as both he and the other psych doc felt sure I am bipolar. He decided to give the A.D.D. angle a try and started me on Adderall XR,a increasing the dose. It was amazing how much clearer I was able to think, how I was able to once again concentrate, etc.

Then I told him now that I was thinking clearer, I realized just how depressed I actually was. (It is odd that when you can't think straight you don't even realize how depressed you are!) So he started me on Zoloft and slowly increased the dose. I now feel human again. I want to do things, go places, be around people, just be alive. (Before, I could have cared less what happened to me or around me.)

For the last few weeks I have been absolutely pooped! I figured it was just from everything having to do with the holidays. We had my family at our home for Christmas, about 20 people, and I admit it wore me out. I still have such a hard time pacing myself with my fibromyalgia. My husband kept telling me to go sit down and rest. Anyway, I had blood work done last week when I saw my family doctor and got the lab results yesterday. It seems my anti-depressant medication is messing with my thyroid medication, which explains me being so exhausted. So he upped the dose of my thyroid medicine. I just started the new dose this morning. I hope it doesn't take it long to kick in.

See what I mean - it's always something!

Have a wonderful day. *Smile* Thanks for listening to my rant. *Wink*

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~Anonymous

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

CHECK THESE OUT:

Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1111105 by Not Available.

Invalid Item 
#747547 by Not Available.

Invalid Item 
#1128095 by Not Available.

MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
It's Always Something! · 01-10-07 2:25pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: It's Always Something! · 01-10-07 8:55pm
by NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth
Re: It's Always Something! · 01-13-07 9:42pm
by AXiLeA
Re: Re: It's Always Something! · 01-13-07 9:52pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1431165