Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1441166
Rated: GC · Message Forum · Community · #1049140
Marv is calling it quits!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 24, 2007 at 3:42pm
Re: Still going........
::slaps Marv a high five::

I've got people now asking me not only "How's it going? Still quit?" but "How do you feel about it now?" like I'm supposed to be twisting my arm out of the socket patting myself on the back. They want to wring a confession from me - an admission that I'm so much happier, healthier, and a better person all around because I finally saw the light and quit. It sits about as well with me as "I told you so!!" Well, I'm not feeling all that different. And my skin's breaking out for the first time in years. I'm not real thrilled about these "quit zits." I AM happy to see that I've now saved over $150 (and spent it on other things, but without the guilt trip). I AM happy that my hair and clothes don't smell like smoke. I AM happy that my kids are proud of me.

I'm happy - but I'm not gloating. (Pride goeth before a fall... or something like that.) It's kind of like, "I made up my mind to do it, said I'd do it, did it, now can we talk about something else so I don't have to think about it? I was doing real good not thinking about it." Then again, I've apparently made it crystal clear to just about everyone I know that they'd better not be handing me smarmy, condescending praise or "encouragement." Virtual tours to the ICEHOTEL? Hell, yeah. That kind of support, I can use. My family and friends actually know me pretty well, apparently - and that feels good.

Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1116533 by Not Available.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
ASIN: 141163103X
Product Type: Book
Amazon's Price: $ 17.07

ASIN: 1411644476
Amazon's Price: $ 16.12
MESSAGE THREAD
Still going........ · 01-24-07 12:28pm
by -- Marv --
*Star* Re: Still going........ · 01-24-07 3:42pm
by Holly Jahangiri
Re: Re: Still going........ · 01-24-07 6:44pm
by -- Marv --

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, -- Marv --.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1441166