Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1506138
Rated: E · Message Forum · Educational · #981789
work in progress- writing assignments & links for use in the home school
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 8, 2007 at 6:29pm
Homeschool curriculum test
by A Non-Existent User
I am looking for homeschool families to partake in a three to five week test of a curriculum for the American Civil War. This is a novel I finished late last year.

The curriculum consists of a novel, a student workbook, and a teachers guide. The test is intended to tell me the following:

reading level of the novel, They Met at Shiloh. The test will have 4 to 6 chapters of the novel included. I'm looking for comprehension and readability from the eleven to twelve to eighteen and nineteen ragne.

the composition of both the student workbook and the teachers guide. I'm looking for what works and what didn't for different people.

I chose this summer as many of the homeschooling parents I know take a break for the summer but were interested in running a short test of the material.

The novel covers the early war battle of Shiloh following four characters throughout the battle. It is written from the soldiers point of view and hopefully is entertaining enough to impart some history at the same time.

The workbooks will cover the period after the constitution was ratified with the Bill of Rights in 1791 to 1862 and the battle. There will be essays to read, quizes, projects to undertake and suggestions for field trips and finally a final essay exam.

So, I'd like to test as many families as possible to get the widest range of input. If you are interested in trying this out, please e-mail me. I will be setting up a yahoo group to allow for feedback to be read by everyone participating.

thanks,

Phil Bryant

Looking for a little "Invalid Item

Invalid Merit Badge #100931

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Homeschool curriculum test · 05-08-07 6:29pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Lobelia is truly blessed.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1506138