*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1527083
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #980111
A sanctuary for weary writers, inky wretches, and aspiring professional novelists.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 12, 2007 at 5:46pm
Greetings and salutations!
by A Non-Existent User
...From a nerd turned writer. :) I'm still something of a newbie here on WDC (only been here for 3 months now), and only recently started posting my first publicized work. I'm planning it to be 3-to-5 book series, if I can come up with enough to put into it. heh

I dunno why I'm telling you this, but I figured it's time to also be a bit more active on the site. People always nag me to review more people, but I figure I need enough practice of my own and don't really have room to talk. :)
I guess the foremost thing on my mind is trying to find some interesting military stories from people's experiences. I was never accepted into the military, and I'm flying blind here, really. I've written up to Chapter 9 in my book so far, with the exception of Chapter 4. I don't really want to post anything else until I develop the character in my story that's a Marine. And yes, I know people don't like to discuss things like that, or are afraid to. That's why I guess I'm asking for help from y'all. I dunno what to do. I've been a computer tech for 25 years, but I felt it is time for a change. So this story that I've had kicking around in my head for 15 years now, is finally hitting the public.

So, I guess this is it. Glad to meet yas, and hope ya have a great day. heh
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Greetings and salutations! · 06-12-07 5:46pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Greetings and salutations! · 06-12-07 6:27pm
by Marcia Landa
Re: Re: Greetings and salutations! · 06-12-07 7:48pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Liam Jackson.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1527083