*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1527076
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #980111
A sanctuary for weary writers, inky wretches, and aspiring professional novelists.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 12, 2007 at 5:33pm
Re: Re: First Draft Easiest?
I am at the stage of beginning again now. The first several times I cut out, rephrased, and rearranged. Then I totally changed the beginning. After careful editing, I thought I was ready. I got the book into manuscript form and had someone who was already published read. That's when I rewrote the beginning. I researched query letters and wrote one. I submitted to two agents.
When I got the first normal rejection email , I read the email and thought - no wonder they didn't take it. Not only had I told everything but also the style was like a newspaper report. I reread the book and thought the same about it. The story was there, but the writing wasn't.
I printed out the first one hundread pages, which I keep by the keyboard, but so far I have not referred to them. Of course, I'm only to 1000 words. I started the book in Novermber of 2005. The story line is the same; I still love it. I am hoping that as I get further into the rewrite I can do some cut and paste from what I have. We'll see. I don't care how long it takes me. I just want it to be the best I can do. (And that gets better and better as I read here).
I have been a songwriter in the past and have written poetry and have kept a journal for years, but this is my first book. The structure is totally different .
PS: I know my posts are long, but I feel like I've finally found a group who knows what I mean. That kind of communication is not easy to find in "real" life.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
First Draft Easiest? · 06-11-07 11:28pm
by the1stephzen
Re: First Draft Easiest? · 06-11-07 11:43pm
by Lori Basiewicz
Re: First Draft Easiest? · 06-12-07 12:07am
by Amarisa
*Star* Re: Re: First Draft Easiest? · 06-12-07 5:33pm
by the1stephzen
Re: Re: First Draft Easiest? · 06-12-07 7:36pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: First Draft Easiest? · 06-12-07 11:51pm
by the1stephzen

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Liam Jackson.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1527076