*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1544302
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #980111
A sanctuary for weary writers, inky wretches, and aspiring professional novelists.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 10, 2007 at 6:07pm
a book group proposal
I don't usually read short stories except on WDC, but now that I write them, it occured to me that I ought to read more of them by published authors. I started re-reading a collection of short stories I bought 12 years ago and thought that one in particular was so artistically layered that it would make a good example for the thread we had about layering in our own writing. It got me thinking, why don't we use this forum to have an occasional "book club" discussion on a short story of anybody's choice? The only requirement would be that it be reasonably short and available online or in most public libraries.

The book I am reading is not likely to be found in your local library (it's not in mine) but I will write the author to ask permission to make it available online on my own website. It's out of print so she may not mind. Meanwhile, does anyone else have a good story to suggest?

Marcia

The "Invalid Item is a place for a lively discussions on a variety of topics.

Women writers: Please check out the "Invalid Item for a place to discuss your work in an intimate supportive setting.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
a book group proposal · 07-10-07 6:07pm
by Marcia Landa
Re: a book group proposal · 07-10-07 6:37pm
by Amarisa
Re: Re: a book group proposal · 07-10-07 6:46pm
by Marcia Landa
Re: Re: Re: a book group proposal · 08-01-07 8:11pm
by Lori Basiewicz
Re: Re: Re: Re: a book group proposal · 08-01-07 10:09pm
by Marcia Landa

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Liam Jackson.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1544302