*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1590255
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Other · #1312285
Delight me with your guests, and don't forget a good menu.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 30, 2007 at 9:11am
Here's my entry :-)
by A Non-Existent User
My dinner party is set outdoors, under a pergola with the summer breeze flowing through. The sun has just begun its decline and the sky is streaked with reds and oranges. I know, pretty huh? We're seated around a huge table, covered with every kind of pizza you can imagine, and a selection of beers of the world. There are no utensils, we're keeping this simple, so I don't have to keep getting up from the table to go back to the kitchen where I belong.

So now the scene is set, here's my guest list:

Mr T: I just like him. He's angry and he's funny 'cause he's angry. He's just good for a laugh. But only if you can move quickly enough to escape his wrath should you get him riled up. He doesn't suffer fools.

Diana Reeves: Amazing woman. To show such devotion to another human being, to put her own life on hold while she became the main caregiver to a husband who was almost completely paralysed for a decade. Amazing. Then to die from lung cancer after all she'd given of herself. I'd like to know how she coped with that after everything she'd been through.

My Grandma. Gladys: Just because. She's the woman who holds our family together. She's the reason we're all so close. And she can down a snifter of brandy like nobody's business.

Cathy Freeman: She's an Aboriginal-Australian who won the gold medal in the 400 metres running at the Sydney Olympics. I'd love to learn some tips from her and have her as a training partner....once I'm able to get back into running that is. *Bigsmile*

Stephen King: I think he'd be a great conversationalist. I've read many of his books, but a face to face chat would be much more interesting. I always wonder where his ideas come from.

Billy Jo Armstrong: Front man for Greenday. I think he's a great showman and I'd love to know how he manages to write so many successful songs. It always interests me to know how people find their endless creativity and if they struggle with it.

Pierre-Auguste Renoir: I enjoy his paintings, but I also appreciate his story. His inspiration didn't come from darkness like so many other painters and poets. He had his own struggles throughout life but remained an optimist. I think he'd make an interesting dinner guest.

Wentworth Miller: Because every party needs some eye candy. He doesn't even have to talk. I'll just look at him. Seat him opposite me and I'm a happy woman. He's been number one on my Celebrities I'm Allowed to Shag Should the Opportunity Present Itself list for a while now.

Billy Connelly: There's just something about swearing. He can tell the most ordinary story and throw a couple of F bombs in there...then it's just hilarious. He's quick witted, clutch-your-stomach funny and would be great entertainment for the evening.

The Penguin: Because then I can actually hear you pronounce your name. You've said before that people struggle with it. It looks simple to me, but I'm wondering if it really is? And also you'll need to bust some of your famous moves on the dancefloor. But only if you can coax yourself out of your shell.

So that's my list. You'll notice I only included one family member. The reason for this is that I have dinner with them often, so I'd like to meet new people. Ones that are less annoying.

*Smile*
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Here's my entry :-) · 09-30-07 9:11am
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The Literary Penguin.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1590255