Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1644184
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Health · #836526
For any one who suffers from chronic pain
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Dec 29, 2007 at 4:19pm
Re: Today Stinks
by A Non-Existent User
Oh, Robin, I am sorry you are hurting so much today. Rainy weather always causes me to hurt a lot more than I normally do, which is a LOT! Perhaps when you finish taking down the decorations you can rest for a longer time. I hope that helps you.

Unfortunately, I can't say I am doing any better than you. About seven years ago I had arthroscopic surgery on my left knee to remove a bucket handle tear in the meniscus. I quite well remember how much it hurt to try to walk then - and my right knee was in good shape at that time (and I was in a lot better physical shape). Now, I have a tear in the meniscus on my right knee and my left knee is giving me painful grief for it cannot take what I am expecting it to do. I, literally, do not have a good leg to stand on.

I know the future holds total knee replacement for both knees and, although I do not look forward to that, I cannot remember the last time I was able to stand up or walk without pain - pain separate from my fibromyalgia. I dream of being able to walk without pain, even to run again.

I know my orthopedic surgeon will, most likely, want to do arthroscopic surgery on my right knee to 'fix' it, but I have been talking with my husband about perhaps going ahead and getting the replacement, as I know that is in store down the line. I really don't want any more surgery than necessary!

My doctor has, basically, told me before that I am too young for a replacement. I am 48 1/2. I realize that is 'young' in bone doctors' eyes, but the QUALITY of my life is becoming more important to me than the QUANTITY of my knee's life. Life is not very enjoyable when you hurt all the time (from fibromyalgia) and less enjoyable when you cannot stand or walk for very long due to pain. Participating in life has is quite a challenge most days.

Okay - enough! *Frown* Sorry about that. I didn't mean to get off on a pity party there. I just truly appreciate a kind and understanding ear.

I hope you feel better soon. *Bigsmile*

“Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.” ~ Dave Gardner

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#487599 by Not Available.

Invalid Item 
#846968 by Not Available.

Invalid Item 
#980725 by Not Available.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
Today Stinks · 12-29-07 12:51pm
by NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth
*Star* Re: Today Stinks · 12-29-07 4:19pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Today Stinks · 12-31-07 11:44am
by NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1644184