*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1702146
by SWPoet
Rated: E · Message Forum · How-To/Advice · #1407093
This is where you can post your examples of the Lessons and review other's entries.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 5, 2008 at 12:38pm
Re: Lesson 1 - Irony
by SWPoet
Cubby,

Wow, I loved it. I was thinking that the other day how five minutes of wasted time now might seem like forever when I'm seventy five. Perspective. Same as five minutes for my kids seems like FOREVER.

I like the second one or the first one the best just by sight alone.

If you want to shorten the really long lines a tad (not that you need to) - its really good the way it is- but I've seen it done where they do this:

I dream of what is real
and what is not. I cry,
but still
I smile through all my tears.
I tend to overdo,
but not a lot.
Brave soul am I outside my hidden fears!

By putting a little of the next line above, it leads you to the next line but also gives the line you added it to, another meaning.

I see this making more of a difference in the last stanza:

with death in mind. Forever,
never seemed to slow me down.

Sounds like you could be saying
with death in mind forever ...or not.

I've always been one to want to start each line with a capital letter and it bothers me when people don't. Then I tried it with a few of mine and saw a few others where it worked well, especailly in centered poems with varying line lengths.

All this is purely aesthetic. Your words and meaning were wonderful and very thought provoking. Thank you for being the first contributor. I am still playing around with some of my poetry to change it up just to see if can convey more meanings just by how it is arranged. Great job and keep up the great work.

SWPoet

** Image ID #swpoet.JPG Unavailable **
MESSAGE THREAD
Lesson 1 - Irony · 04-04-08 5:20am
by Cubby&Hubby~WeddingAnniversary
*Star* Re: Lesson 1 - Irony · 04-05-08 12:38pm
by SWPoet

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, SWPoet.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1702146