*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1711178
by SWPoet
Rated: E · Message Forum · How-To/Advice · #1407093
This is where you can post your examples of the Lessons and review other's entries.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 20, 2008 at 3:03pm
Edited: April 20, 2008 at 3:04pm
Re: Lesson Five - Autobiographical
by SWPoet
Kansaspoet,

And life's circle ran full - I like that and it seems that you have travelled a circle that generations and generations back to David of Isreal have travelled. Perhaps it is the idea that you must go through hell on earth and distance from God to finally appreciate the presence of Him and a life in His presence.

I really liked this. I am not at all bothered by lack of rhyme but I noticed several internal rhymes and it made the reading of this even more enjoyable, for example "fears frought" or "wise guides".

I especially liked this part for what it is saying.

"The time spent with wise guides
had clung tight; he rode out
the harsh storms and wrote down
as road markers things learned -
and life's circle ran full. "

It gives us parents hope that what we instill in our children, even if they put distance between us, will perhaps return to their memory and bring them back from the depths of despair. It just goes to show that every little kindness and every little tendril of trust built with our children and grandchildren is yet another rope for them to grab onto when they are down in the pit.

Wonderful imagery and great job telling your story in verse.

Thank you for your participation in the class. I will cut and paste this review in the forum.

Keep up the great work. You are quite an instructor yourself. I am in an odd position with this class as I am no more qualified than most to do this. I am hoping to learn much from those who participate.

SWPoet

beautiful signatures crafted by dear terryjroo

Signature created by our dear talented friend, Kelly1202

** Image ID #1410321 Unavailable **

** Image ID #swpoet.JPG Unavailable **
MESSAGE THREAD
Lesson Five - Autobiographical · 04-19-08 7:09am
by A Non-Existent User
*Star* Re: Lesson Five - Autobiographical · 04-20-08 3:03pm
by SWPoet

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, SWPoet.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1711178