*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1736571
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #980111
A sanctuary for weary writers, inky wretches, and aspiring professional novelists.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 7, 2008 at 10:28am
Re: LOST!
by Amarisa
Lots of tiny notebooks placed EVERYWHERE! ^_^

That's what I do. I always carry some tiny notebook around (cause when an idea strikes, you know how important it is to write it down). I also keep a Word document on my computer called Promsing Phrases where I place any random line or conversation that pops into my head but doesn't belong anywhere. There's another called Story Ideas where it's just ideas instead of specifics that don't belong to any novel or short story already in progress. And of course any work in progress goes into a folder for short stories, and each novel (depending on how much I've written for it) gets its own folder or document. And I also keep a livejournal specifically for writing that's friend-locked so only trusted friends can view and comment.

Whenever you write something, make sure there's a backup somewhere. Either in an external harddrive, a Word document, online, or even transfered into a sturdier book. You can buy hardback journals at BnN or Borders, lined or blank, and sometimes strong spiral-bound ones work wonders too (easy to rip out a page without the rest of it falling apart). Immediately type it up when you sit at your computer or have the time. If you have a paid account, which I see you do, then you can create a private folder with items full of lists and ideas. My friend lost a lot of her writing too and she sees the value of this site (though has yet to join, grr). Even if it has no meaning now, somewhere down the line they'll come in handy.

I know the agony of losing everything (when floppy disks go corrupt way back when)... Good luck piecing yourself back together!
MESSAGE THREAD
LOST! · 06-07-08 9:50am
by A Non-Existent User
*Star* Re: LOST! · 06-07-08 10:28am
by Amarisa
Re: Re: LOST! · 06-07-08 10:34am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: LOST! · 06-09-08 5:46am
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Liam Jackson.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1736571