*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1746547
Rated: E · Message Forum · Friendship · #1405857
I am honoring the Angel Army this month! Stop in and check it out!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 27, 2008 at 3:17pm
Re: Re: Please stop by my port
by Maretta

"Invalid Item
"Invalid Item

Hi Nicki,
Have been meaning to get back to you. Especially since we both seem to be from good old New York state and both from Rochester.
I left Rochester in 1968 with my husband and fiv children. I think I mentioned to you that we lived in quite a few different places, so I won't go into that.
In Rochester, I lived in Gates and most of the relatives lived in Greece or Spencerport..
I know you must know about white hots {which I have one or two of every year}. The merry-go-round at Charlotte. Lilacs at Highland park. The very GOOD ITALIAN food they used to have in Rochester.
I went to St. Theodore's grammar school which I loved and Spencerport High School which I didn't love. I went to IBM Business school which once upon a time was on East Ave. And worked at Taylor Instrument in their IBM department. My very first job was at Edwards Department store on Main St. and I also worked in Sibleys part time.
I have been in quite a few stores in this world and to me Sibleys can even stand up to Harrods in London.
Frank and I had our first dinner date at Eddies chop house. I have no idea if it's still there and we fell in love closing up Lorenzo's , a classy{and delicious] italian restaurant. We actually talked so much that we looked up to see the waiter patiently standing looking at us hopefully and no one else there.
A few of my relative still live in Rochester but my parents are gone and even my old home is part of some new road.
I am probably am older than you. Sometimes I think I am older than everyone but would love to hear of you thoughts about the flower city.
We have always been pretty theatre involved and had friends in THe Black Friers and spent alot of time at the Auditorium theatre. Also loved Irondequoit Bay,
Please do drop a line if the spirit moves you.
Maretta {June}
MESSAGE THREAD
Please stop by my port · 06-19-08 4:05pm
by Maretta
Re: Please stop by my port · 06-19-08 9:22pm
by NickiD89
*Star* Re: Re: Please stop by my port · 06-27-08 3:17pm
by Maretta
Re: Re: Re: Please stop by my port · 06-27-08 5:10pm
by NickiD89
Re: Re: Re: Re: Please stop by my port · 06-27-08 5:35pm
by Maretta

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, NickiD89.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1746547