*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1799120
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Contest · #1387009
Think your critiquing skills are sharp enough to take home a prize?
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 9, 2008 at 2:34pm
ROUND 8 WINNER ANNOUNCED! - AND SOME SAD NEWS
by Jeff
The winner for Round 8 has been posted! My apologies for being a little tardy with the awards this round.

Unfortunately, I have some bad news as well. It is with a heavy heart that I'm going to have to put this contest on hold - at least until I can figure out a way to reinvigorate it. Originally, I had intended this to be a place where WDC members could receive awards and recognition for their reviewing... and get quality feedback on their lengthier items; two things that I think WDC could use more of.

Sadly, participation in the contest has been lukewarm at best... we've never had more than five entries for any round, and most rounds hover around 1-3 entries. For many of the rounds, I've also had to track down featured items on my own when there haven't been any requests.

I'm hesitant to call this contest a failure and just pack things up, because I think it could be a great opportunity to both promote feedback of lengthier items, and to reward reviewing... but I think have to at least take some time to think about what I need to do in order to make this contest more accessible.

So I am sorry to say that Round 8 was the last round for a while. As of today, I am putting the contest on hiatus, until I can figure out a way to make it more appealing to both featured item authors and reviewers.

Thanks for your understanding and if anybody has any suggestions on how to improve this contest, please let me know.

Thank you to everyone who has shown their support of this contest over the past few months... especially to those of you who have entered regularly and kept things going.

Best regards,

- S o C a l S c r i b e
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

Please check out my community items:
"2008 Short Fiction Competition | "SoCalScribe's Review Challenge
"Crimes Against Flash Fiction | "Unofficial Erotica Newsletter Group
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
ROUND 8 WINNER ANNOUNCED! - AND SOME SAD NEWS · 10-09-08 2:34pm
by Jeff
Re: ROUND 8 WINNER ANNOUNCED! - AND SOME SAD NEWS · 10-09-08 4:06pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Jeff.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1799120