*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1804260
Rated: E · Message Forum · Health · #875895
Add any old time folk remedies that you know or have used.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 19, 2008 at 9:31am
Re: OT: Anyone got a remedy for dizziness?
Not saying this is what is wrong with you and I'm glad you're checking with a doctor but about once a month I have to drink a large bottle of Gatorade. I have horrible sinus problems and about once a month when I get up in the morning I actually bounce off the walls.

I then know it's time for Gatorade. I guess it puts back in my system what I need. I've been doing this since the 80's. A doctors wife told me about it. We were at a horse show together and I was complaining about being so dizzy. That's when she told me to drink Gatorade. Been a huge fan ever since. I'm not thrilled about the sugar but it helps!!

Funny how a doctors "cure" is giving you pills. I really hate that. My problem with that is
why don't they ask us what is going on?

Two examples:
1. My dad had blood work done. The blood work showed he had a huge jump in his potassium level. They solution= stop eating bananas, potatoes,etc. I freaked out!!!!!!!! I told dad he was raised Amish, ate like he's been eating for 80+ years and now he's to stop eating potatoes,etc. Long story short? He was doubling his meds...one from the regular doctor one med from the veterans hospital. ?????????????? I'm the one who figured that out and I don't have an MD behind my name.

2. I went to the doctor asking why a certain spot hurt....they said it's the opening to my stomach. Never asked me what I was doing what I was eating....so I had to figure it out myself. Again...long story short? I was eating to many Excedrin’s for headaches!!!!!!!!!!
It was probably the start of eating the lining of my stomach. Weaned myself off Excedrin.
They're solution....take Pepcid.

So...just do some research yourself. I would try some Gatorade every day but still do a follow up with your doctor. But be health smart.

Don't be afraid to ask questions and make them ask questions. They are not gods...they are people just like you and me. You pay them to help you.

It's your body....and your choices.

Hope this helps.

Jane

Logo/Sig designed by the StoryMistress for me

gothic signatures

Stop animal abuse

~~Image #6000 Sharing Restricted~~
MESSAGE THREAD
OT: Anyone got a remedy for dizziness? · 10-19-08 8:44am
by A Non-Existent User
*Star* Re: OT: Anyone got a remedy for dizziness? · 10-19-08 9:31am
by catwoman
Re: Re: OT: Anyone got a remedy for dizziness? · 10-22-08 12:29pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, catwoman.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1804260