*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1810330
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
2023 Sign-ups are CLOSED. A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 31, 2008 at 3:45pm
I wish I had taken this sort of time for the past two years of NaNo, but I also know for a fact that I couldn't motivate myself to sit there and write background story and outline. This group is absolutely brilliant because with so many other people there motivating you to keep going, you forget that the laundry hasn't been done yet - and the result is a Novel that is exploding to get written.
I want to disagree with the previous reviewer on the interview challenges. I feel they gave me a chance to play with how my characters interacted with people other than each other.
My favorite challenges were definitely writing the background stories for my characters. I'll be able to give desire and motivation to characters I might otherwise neglect.
I've enjoyed looking back on this last day and remembering what my novel was before starting the prep challenge, and I can see a huge difference between then and now. Giant really. I feel like 50,000 words will be no problem.

...but we will see! 9 more hours where I'm at!!!

Rica R. C.
Now, we head towards the battlefield. Believe, and our blades will not break. Believe, and our hearts will not bend. Though the roads we take may be different, our iron hearts will beat as one. Swear that even if the earth is torn asunder. we will live and return here once again.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Review · 10-31-08 3:45pm
by PriyaElena - EricaRose
Re: Review · 11-01-08 2:50pm
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1810330