*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1821548
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Sci-fi · #420688
Welcome Trekkers. Have a cup of Klingon Raktajino, and enjoy our friendly Starbase.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Nov 29, 2008 at 11:07pm
Star Trek On Futurama!
by onaya3
*Smile* Hi Everybody!

(Hi Dr. Nick!)

I saw an episode of 'Futurama' last night which had Star Trek The Original Series actors as guest stars. It was hillarious! *Bigsmile*

That's what I love about the actors that were in ST: TOS and ST:TNG is that they're not afraid of poking fun at themselves, the series or the fans. *Smile* It was a pity James Doohan/ Scotty wasn't on it, so it must have been made after his death. Jonathan Frakes even did a cameo with the funny comment, "finally, I can be moved to the front of the shelf," or something along those lines after Sulu's head was moved away from in front of him.

Apparently in the future (according to Futurama) there was a church of Star Trek with episodes discussed for the service *Wink* until the world's governments annexed it by flinging anything Trek related to the 'forbidden planet'.

"Nooooooo!" *narnia3 moves into a defensive posture to protect her Borg and Klingon Bears* "You can take away our freedom, but you'll never be able to take our bears!" *Blush*

Of course, Fry finds the Star Trek actors reanimated by a mysterious (but familiar looking) cloud of energy who makes the Star Trek stars act out his own episodes of Trek on a copy of the Bridge on board the Enterprise - LoL!

~~~~~~~~

"...The point is, if you lie all the time, nobody's going to believe you even when you're telling the truth."
--"Are you sure that's the point, Doctor?"
"Of course, what else could it be?"
--"That you should never tell the same lie twice..."

(Bashir & Garak, on the boy who cried wolf ST:DS9)

~~~~~~~~
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Star Trek On Futurama! · 11-29-08 11:07pm
by onaya3

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Maryann.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1821548