*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1907590
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Sci-fi · #420688
Welcome Trekkers. Have a cup of Klingon Raktajino, and enjoy our friendly Starbase.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 11, 2009 at 3:45pm
Edited: May 11, 2009 at 3:47pm
Star Trek movie
I loved it! *Delight*

When I first saw the list of characters, I figured that it was made to appeal to a new audience. After I saw it, I knew that I was right...though any Trekkie will also be happy to see this action-packed movie.

I'll have to admit, as a fan of Heroes, I pictured Spock cutting off the top of someone's head, as Syler does in Heroes! That only last about 30 seconds, and then Zachary Quinto's Spock character became believable.

Leonard Nimoy was excellent in the movie. He had much more than a tiny role. *Delight*

The whole movie was action and adventure from beginning to end, with touching and tender moments thrown in, to have something for everyone. Of course, there were tons of what I like to think of as inside jokes, with sayings like, "Dammit, I'm a doctor not a physicist", and "I'm giving it all I've got captain".

It was thrilling to see the special FXs in this one! I want to see it again! *Laugh*

I am a Mentor! Click on me to find out more!
RAOK's logo image.  This is a shared image, so feel free to use its item number.
I was awarded a leadership plaque.

Check It Out...  [ASR]
Maryann and Katherine highlighting items in our Writing.Com Community
by Maryann - House Martell

Merit Badge in Special Appreciation
[Click For More Info]

I heard the big news that you were turning "29" again today! *^*Bigsmile*^* I appreciate all the things you do for the  [Link To Item #power] , and appreciate YOU as a friend! Have an awesome day, and most importantly, Party ON! *^*Confettiv*^**^*Starv*^**^*Partyhatv*^* ~Lornda *^*Suitheart*^*
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Star Trek movie · 05-11-09 3:45pm
Re: Star Trek movie · 06-16-09 4:08pm
by Alexander
Re: Re: Star Trek movie · 06-16-09 9:41pm
Re: Re: Re: Star Trek movie · 06-30-09 11:58am
by onaya3
Re: Re: Re: Re: Star Trek movie · 06-30-09 12:29pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Star Trek movie · 07-12-09 2:46pm
by Onyx: a PURPLE MANIAC!

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Maryann - House Martell.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1907590