*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1945371
by sayan
Rated: E · Message Forum · Experience · #1581968
Weekly forum. Not for fame or game, for safety a name.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 27, 2009 at 1:59pm
Week#2 "Lifetime insomnia an user's manual"
by sayan
Hi, this week's post is given below, the content is 13+ . In efforts to find a post I joined some forums (self-help) but I quit. Two disturbing reports #1 Woman's 200 - I don't criticize what I can't understand- A pregnant woman 3 yrs into marriage finds her loving husband beats her, cheats on her and hates her, suddenly she discover's it's not his fault it's all for the Prozac 20mg he's having and from that day withdraws it by 0.1 mg everyday and chronicles 200 days this way. I suggested that it may not be just medication (specially since more than twenty million take it) and she begins all swear words she knew on me. #2 In another effort I found a man in 30's taking 21 different antidepressants (forging prescriptions, including ones that may have a lethal interaction), I told him he might become manic depressive and from that day he spams me, finds me in all forums by google searches (even this site) and threatens to kill me.(of course using gross obscene language.) So this wk's as planned by "Bipolar girl"

Life long Insomnia - an user's manual
"Hi I like WDC because of variety and little abuse, I chose this author because of his experience of psychology. This is a short anonymous report by me, let's call me Bipolar girl. Child-Adolescent years- When my parents hit me with a bottle I used to run to my friend's for red Vicodin and wine, some bad grass and when I wake up all was good. As a teenager I once forged to get a strip of Nitrazepam (now called date rape drug), for 10 days I slept 8 hours, it's been 22 yrs since then and I have never had that med and never slept that well. If I complained of insomnia the doctor gives a lecture of sleep rules but no meds, yet if I act depressed they are overflowing with sympathy. To prove that we know little I'd ask why Ambien/Stillnoct causes profound euphoria we don't know. These new 'non-benzodiazepines' designed for something called 'benzodiazepine sparing strategy' of docs. I must say I'd rather have those lora, clona, tema zepams. Sonata the latest gives me 3 hrs of shut eye, ambien has profound abuse potential, I know people who take 150 tabs, zopicon and it's isomer lunesta gives such a bad taste I'd rather not sleep. Alpro land (Xanax) and Frisum are good for anxiety not sleep. Low dose tricyclic antidepressants and tetracyclic ones, Mianserin(Bolvidon-out of stock) and Mirtazapine(Remeron) work very well, as does Trazodone and Nefazosone (Serzone- is lot sold in many countries). Mianserin and Mirtazapine(Remeron at lower doses *Heart*0mg are mainly antihistamine (like Benadryl/Unisom wihout the hang over) above 30mg Noeadrenalinergic effects take over (like Straterra and Edornax). However if you are being treated for Major Depression, DO NOT LOWER THE PRESCRIBED DOSE AS IT MAY COMPROMISE WITH ANTIDEPRESSANT EFFICACY. They improve sleep structure, reduce awakenings and prophylact nightmares by reducing REM sleep.

If you suffer from plagues of insomnia and your doc thinks sedatives are only for senior citizens, we can have only non-benzo that cause way rebound insomnia and nightmares in following 10-14 days, talk to a better psych. else you'll crash and burn in long term, trust me. Amitryptiline(Elavil 10-25mg, >75mgs are considered antidepressant) and Doxepin (Sinequan, antidepressant at >75mgs works wonders even at 3-6mgs only) , Trimipramine (Surmontil) is no longer sold in general. Among SSRI drugs Paxil works fastest and Zoloft causes more insomnia. Good herbs are Valerian , Passiflora( may cause some headache). Kava and St. John's Wort are best taken evenings and are mood elevators. Mineral wise Magnesium, Vitamins Niacinamide(B3), B6 and inositol(high dosage) work weakly, don't take GABA powder, it hardly crosses Blood Brain Barrier. Anti-epileptic Gabapentin (Neourontin) , Valproate(Depakote) and Pregabalin (Lyrica) work well to make sleep refreshing.THESE AND OTHER DRUGS FOR BIPOLAR DISORDER ARE FOR MANIC AND NOT DEPRESSANT PHASE OF THE ILLNESS EXCEPT LAMICTAL(Lamotrigine) WHICH IS SUPERBLY ANTIDEPRESSANT IN REFRACTORY DEPRESSION. With anti-psychotics Risperidone, Abilify are not at all sedating, olanzapine(Zyprexa) is somewhat pro-sleep, and Quetiapine(Seroquel) generally darkens mood. Ziprasidone(Geodon) is also somewhat sedative and of course older generation typical ones may(like Thorazine) be required in aggression, they are more likely to cause heart conduction problems and cataracts. Melatonin miracle definitely has an impact, while some take >3mgs and feel nothing, same person with clinical depression becomers so hypersensitive that )0.125-0.3mgs decrease time to fall asleep(Sleep Latency) Of course people use alcohol and even combine it with sleep stuff, but if you want to wake up again, don't forget it'll destroy sleep architecture, cause hangovers and over time make the body tired, tolerance and cross tolerance with benzos occur at the GABA receptor and soon you need more and more. I'll end talking of an under-estimated anti allergy drug Cyproheptadine(periactin used as appetizer) is not only an antihistamine but also a serotonin antagonist and can cause wonders in many people. If you are taking psychiatric med that's stimulant as Ritalin or Deprenyl take it in the morning of course and I won't say of anything about illicit stuff here , so like me it's Night night. "

Note by author- Next week - Review a movie that you really enjoyed or honestly scared you.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Week#2 "Lifetime insomnia an user's manual" · 07-27-09 1:59pm
by sayan

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, sayan.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1945371