*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1951181
Rated: E · Message Forum · Inspirational · #1589130
Thanks be to God! Share how he has blessed you!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 9, 2009 at 8:40am
The written word
The treasured written word - valued here at WDC for its power to release what is within; the evidence of consciousness and realities unseen. Words miraculously form the abstract and give shape to that which has none. Amazing Lord, that they continue to do the same today as the day you used them to form light out of darkness. Their power is astounding and begs the realization of the responsibility with which they must be chosen; for they laid the foundation of the world when first spoken by You.

As I read your written word, those chosen for the edification of your people, the magnitude of what the Bible holds is vastly beyond what I could possibly communicate. Your consciousness and thoughts have been formed and I'm able to read the reality of the world I'm in. That which I do when writing - give shape to what is within - You have done in your Holy word. The Holy heart of God has been given to everyone within the Holy word of God.

As I read my Bible I learn of God's character, grace, mercy and His love. God's chosen word has remained infallible through the ages and provides the same strength and comfort today as it provided the pilgrim of 1808.

Lord I'd like to thank you for the blessing of your treasured written word. Thank you for the truth it speaks into my life, and the power it has to transform the darkness within me. Thank you for providing a way to receive the knowledge of your heart and an understanding of this world. Thank you for providing a history of time as it began and Lord most of all, thank you for providing me with the knowledge of what it means to be given the gift of eternal life with you. All of this and more you have given me within the cover of my Bible.

It is a curious thing to me that a Bible is the least expensive of most books, and yet a greater treasure could never be found. If men knew of its value, and the gift it holds, they would give up all for it! Lord you know of those who have. Amen.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
The written word · 08-09-09 8:40am
by jjseabird

<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, jjseabird.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1951181