*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1951696
by Dee
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Educational · #1421315
Let your knowledge spill forth like a fountain or partake in the wisdom of those who do.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 10, 2009 at 10:44am
Re: A broken leg
My father broke his leg about a year and a half ago. I was away at the time, but I remember that he stayed in the hospital for about a day after his surgery. He had to go back for checkups.

My father got the crutches right away. However, he was told not to move around a lot for at least a week. We moved his bed to the living room downstairs so he wouldn't have to go up and down the stairs. He had everything he needed at his disposal, and someone was always around in case he needed help. He survived, though. *Smile*

My father only had his cast on for about a month and a half. His leg healed quickly, so he didn'd need it anymore. He still used the crutches, however.

My father didn't use the walking cast, but from what I understand about it, it depends on how long the healing process takes for a particular person. I know someone who had it on for three months, and another who only had to use it for one month.

I hope this helps!

- Sara Ann

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say. ~Anaïs Nin

Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1568289 by Not Available.

Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1530531 by Not Available.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
A broken leg · 07-30-09 10:30am
by Allyson Lindt
*Star* Re: A broken leg · 08-10-09 10:44am
by Sara - will be back soon
Re: Re: A broken leg · 08-10-09 11:01am
by Allyson Lindt
Re: Re: Re: A broken leg · 08-11-09 1:55pm
by Sara - will be back soon
Re: A broken leg · 06-04-10 7:21pm
by Light

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Dee.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1951696