by esprit
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Nonsense · #942723
Fact per Mike Wonch: It ain’t a good review unless I throw a tantrum and CRY
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 23, 2009 at 3:20pm
Does WDC give enough serious feedback?
by esprit
I often browse writing sites to keep up to date with trends and to learn how other reviewers do it. I read a small rant about reviews and followed it through the replies. The members let the ranter know that if he was serious about his writing, he'd need to grow thicker skin and be appreciative of the work their reviewers did for him. It was obvious they were proud of their site and I liked that. So I clicked back to the home page to read more of what they do.

I then noticed a tiny link and immediately lost my favorable first impression, not of the members, but of the site itself.

This blurb is great isn't it? Click the popnote.

What's Scribophile?

Scribophile is a writing community for people who take their writing seriously. We're not like any other writing site you've been to, because here, you'll get real feedback—not just a few 10-word reviews that say nothing but "good job."

When owners stoop to gossip by giving unfavorable comparisons by name, it leaves a foul odor.

"Invalid Item (Aug. 26-Flash is a Good Teacher)
Drama (Sept. 2-Think About Writing Fillers--No, Seriously!)
Action/Adventure (Sept.2-Gain Self-Editing Skills)
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
Merit Badge in Reviewing
[Click For More Info]

I know you have about a zillion reviewing badges. But I noticed they were all for the top reviewers list! I wanted to send you a sincere and heartfelt thanks for all of the excellent work you do on reviewing. You are so supportive and helpful to so many members on this site. Thanks for all you do!
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Does WDC give enough serious feedback? · 08-23-09 3:20pm
by esprit
Re: Does WDC give enough serious feedback? · 08-23-09 4:19pm
by ElaineElaine
Re: Re: Does WDC give enough serious feedback? · 08-23-09 5:41pm
by esprit
Re: Re: Does WDC give enough serious feedback? · 10-26-09 8:09pm
by esprit

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, esprit.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1957883