SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1957908
by esprit
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Nonsense · #942723
Fact per Mike Wonch: It ain’t a good review unless I throw a tantrum and CRY
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 23, 2009 at 4:19pm
Re: Does WDC give enough serious feedback?
Oh, I don't know. I probably have a weird sense of humor, but I found the blurb amusing. One principle of advertisement is not to mention the competition. If the viewer of the home page follows the link to the other sites, who is to say they won't enjoy them?

I complain all the time about not getting reviewed, or even rated here at Writing.Com. However, I've finally found a niche in a workshop. I'm getting the reviews I desire there. I'd rather get comments about how much people like my stories, because that means I don't have to struggle anymore. *Laugh* My story is complete.

I find that people can overdo the review. It's like anything else--once you open something up for criticism, then the person has to think of something negative to contribute. That's why I generally wait for several review before I edit some aspects of the story. Of course, many comments I do agree with and make the changes right away.

I think the site you found may have its place on the net. Sometimes WDC is too big and you can't find the attention you may want.

Glad to see you around, Esprit! You're an amazing woman. *Smile*

Signature, 2nd version of ElaineElaine
** Image ID #1558951 Unavailable **           ** Image ID #1057081 Unavailable **
MESSAGE THREAD
Does WDC give enough serious feedback? · 08-23-09 3:20pm
by esprit
*Star* Re: Does WDC give enough serious feedback? · 08-23-09 4:19pm
by ElaineElaine
Re: Re: Does WDC give enough serious feedback? · 08-23-09 5:41pm
by esprit
Re: Re: Does WDC give enough serious feedback? · 10-26-09 8:09pm
by esprit

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, esprit.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1957908