*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1969920
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Reviewing · #1442457
Awarded items that deserve a bit of exposure.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 19, 2009 at 11:26am
Re: A journey of a thousand miles-
I love it. It feels a little like Fahrenheit 451, but more accessible. I love writing I find accessible. Especially writing that also teaches without lecturing. That is exactly what this piece does. It makes me feel as if you are speaking to me directly, quietly, from a modestly-lit corner of an otherwise dark and unoccupied library, perhaps. It does what you yourself state a well-written book does; it reveals something of your humanity and vulnerability.

I suppose that is what I really look for in my reading choices: Does this author show his or her humanity and vulnerability? If so, (s)he has already captured my attention, highlighting the relevance of even the words I haven't yet read.

And that is what I really love about writing. Unlike sports or business, and many other face-to-face pursuits, where appearances reign, writers are praised and revered for their humility and methodical insight rather than for their superiority and snap judgment.

I feel doubly--triply pleased by your review of my work, now that I've seen the quality of yours. And I am glad to have been introduced to you in this way.

I state again, it is my sincere pleasure to know you!

Carlos

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Interaction is to me what writing is all about. (This may seem strange--after all, writing is an often solitary pursuit--but this is an undeniable truth for me.) So, please, visit my port, and leave a small, or large, message.

Following are, at present, the folder-items I most wish to share:

"Surveys: Love, Romance, Interest!

"Post-It Notes
MESSAGE THREAD
A journey of a thousand miles- · 06-23-08 1:42pm
by CaptainMidnightSingforPhoebe
*Star* Re: A journey of a thousand miles- · 09-19-09 11:26am
by Carpageo
Re: Re: A journey of a thousand miles- · 09-19-09 4:42pm
by CaptainMidnightSingforPhoebe

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, CaptainMidnightSingforPhoebe .
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1969920