Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2097507
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Community · #1282024
Forum for horror book lovers to chat
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 10, 2010 at 3:44pm
Re: Dracula
But did you like it Larry?

I loved Dracula - I loved the way the entire novel was written and yes at times it got a little boggy. But I waded through the quagmire of words and reached the other side with great satisfaction. I finished the book in two days. Even though I don't read that fast - I like to savour every word and feeling in the story - it had me hooked and I stayed up most of the night reading it.

At that time my best friend used to come round most days and he too was into reading - mostly fantasy, but every know and again dipped into the horror pool. I gave him Dracula as he disappeared upstairs to the toilet - he loves to read, and not rush things. He was in there a good two hours or more and only left the smallest room when we kicked him out to retire for the night.

Needless to say I received the book back the next night, he too had stayed up all night and read through - luckily it was a weekend and he kipped through the day - which I thought hilarious. He loved the book too and bought a copy to add to his library.

I was so taken by it I purchased Stokers "The Lair Of The White Worm", "The Lady Of The Shroud", and "The Jewel Of Seven Stars" As well as a book of his short stories "Dracula's Guest", which I'm looking forward to wading through in the near future.

Come join me - We ALL Float Down Here.

*Balloon3* PENNYWISE *Balloon3* Stephen *Balloon3*

Cover & promo for Absolute Horror Writing Contests.

"Absolute Horror Flash Fiction Contest"   by Pennywise

"Absolute Monthly Horror Contest"   by Pennywise
MESSAGE THREAD
Dracula · 04-19-09 11:03am
by A Non-Existent User
*Star* Re: Dracula · 06-10-10 3:44pm
by Pennywise

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Pennywise.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2097507