*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2097523
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Community · #1282022
Forum for all horror movie fans.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 10, 2010 at 4:23pm
Re: Halloween Remake - Killed By Backstory?
This film is going to split the audience into two camps I believe. Camp 1 - The people who felt the first one was missing something (they why did he do it? question) and Camp 2 (which I'm in) The WHO THE HELL CARES - He's Michael Myers - the first film is a classic - so why mess it up with a remake.

The first film was a hell of a lot spookier than the remake. The idea that the kid just went loony-tunes one day was great and then to add to the mystery the older nutso can't be killed - why? That question never comes to your mind because John Carpenter is great director and you just immerse yourself in the film. I find this with other Carpenter films of that time "The Thing", "Prince of Darkness".

All Zombie's film did was add more splatter and reduced the mystery of Michael so he wasn't the Bogeyman anymore, just a tall raving psycho that might appear on "Criminal Minds" sometime. He was explained and made less powerfull.

Worst of all I see they've made a remake of the sequel too DOH!

One good thing came out of remaking was the Padaleki films - The Hills Have Eye's, Waxworks, Friday 13th. Which in my opinion have all been pretty good. Even though The Hills Have Eye's was a near copy the others were just that bit more different from the originals to make them their own film.

I was so glad they didn't copy Friday 13th 'cause that would've stunk big time - it was nice to see it brought up to date - as if it were just another sequel. This is what Zombie should have done with Michael.

Come join me - We ALL Float Down Here.

*Balloon3* PENNYWISE *Balloon3* Stephen *Balloon3*

Cover & promo for Absolute Horror Writing Contests.

"Absolute Horror Flash Fiction Contest"   by Pennywise

"Absolute Monthly Horror Contest"   by Pennywise
MESSAGE THREAD
Halloween Remake - Killed By Backstory? · 06-02-09 9:26pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Halloween Remake - Killed By Backstory? · 06-02-09 10:55pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Halloween Remake - Killed By Backstory? · 06-04-09 11:44pm
by A Non-Existent User
*Star* Re: Halloween Remake - Killed By Backstory? · 06-10-10 4:23pm
by Pennywise

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Pennywise.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2097523