SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2107901
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Community · #1282022
Forum for all horror movie fans.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 8, 2010 at 12:17pm
WIGWAM DOES WEREWOLVES
A yo-yo and a hello!. It is uber hot here deep in the heart of the chicken fried nation. Nothing else to do but stay inside and watch some horror movies. By the way, I just found out that the next full moon is going to happen on July 26 and that got me thinking. Got me thinking about werewolves. Werewolves are cool, don’t you agree? If you don’t agree, then you suck. Not really. Well, on second thought....But anyway, back to what I was saying. I do enjoy a good werewolf movie. In fact, a couple of weeks ago, a buddy of mine gave me a DVD of the original ‘Wolfman.’ Ya know, the one with Lon Chaney, (circa way the fuck before I was born) And I gotta tell ya, I loved it! I really did. I know there was no gore and it’s way past dated, but still, it was really a good film. I was actually surprised that something that ancient could hold my Generation Y attention span. But it did, and now, here we are, talking werewolves.

So let’s keep talking werewolves and let me bestow upon you what I think are the 10 best werewolf movies of all time. And they are as follows:

10. GINGERSNAPS 2: UNLEASHED (2004) The second installment in the ‘GINGERSNAPS’ trilogy. Not near as good as the first one, but still you could do worse.

9. UNDERWORLD (2003) It kinda has a love story theme going on, but the werewolves in this movie are bad-ass! Love this film!

8. NIGHT OF THE WEREWOLF (1981) This is very cheesy, it’s very over the top, but it has a ton of nudity! Totally a guilty pleasure movie.

7. WOLFEN (1981) This one here is kinda on the artsy-fartsy side. Not your typical werewolf film, but it’s worth 2hrs of your time.

6. THE HOWLING (1981) Noticing a trend here? This movie scared the shit outta me when I was a kid! And It has E.T.’s mom in it.

5. THE WOLFMAN (1941) A total iconic film. A fuckin’ classic.

4. DOG SOLDIERS (2002) Great dialogue, a ton of violence, this is one bad mamma jamma monster movie.

3. GINGERSNAPS (2000) Loved it! Fuckin loved it! Plenty of gore, plenty of humor, this is one of the best out there. I give it a 9.5 baby!

2. SILVER BULLET (1985) A Stephen King adaptation that he actually wrote the script for. This is another awesome werewolf movie and a must see if you haven’t already.

1. AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON (1981) That’s right, one more from 1981. This John Landis directed film is hands down the best. The transformation scenes are cool as hell, especially for its time. There’s enough blood and gore for the bloodthirsty viewers, this movie has it all. I love it.

Well, there you have it. That’s all there is and there aint no more. Until next time, take care, stay a-scared and I am out.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
WIGWAM DOES WEREWOLVES · 07-08-10 12:17pm
by Evil Wigwam
Re: WIGWAM DOES WEREWOLVES · 07-16-10 1:43pm
by Pennywise
Re: Re: WIGWAM DOES WEREWOLVES · 07-22-10 12:16am
by Evil Wigwam
Re: Re: Re: WIGWAM DOES WEREWOLVES · 08-16-10 1:45pm
by Michael

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Pennywise.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2107901