SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2111505
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Community · #1282022
Forum for all horror movie fans.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 16, 2010 at 1:35pm
Re: Re: Scream 4?
Oh God have mercy... Scream 4 - AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!! (see what I did there - does that make Scream 5?)

The first movie was okay, nothing too special, but at least it was a Wes Craven film... and to be honest it was just a gory who-dunnit. If they carry on with the franchise everybody left alive will be a killer. I can see this going the way of the Saw movies, which in the last two just twisted the timeline and continuity into a total mess. Though seeing Donnie Wahlberg get his head iced was worth the admission fee - shame about the NKOTB reformation.

I'm not keen on sequels, or remakes for that matter, not unless they actually add something to the storyline instead of just rehashing the original.

There are plenty of books and stories out there ripe for the filming, the director's should start trying something original. I'd love to see a proper film made out of James Herbert's "Rats" novels, that would be way cool. Or his "Portents." Or the followup to "Haunted" which was a pretty good movie - "The Ghosts Of Sleath." Over the pond you've got Robert R McCammon's "Stinger", "They Thirst", and the brilliant Werewolf novel "Wolf's Hour". "The Beast House" Novels by Laymon would make great movies. And I could go on all night...

There is NO need to keep producing sequels and remakes - though I did like "Friday 13th" and "The Last House On The Left" remakes (slap me someone...)

Come join me - We ALL Float Down Here.

*Balloon3* PENNYWISE *Balloon3* Stephen *Balloon3*

Cover & promo for Absolute Horror Writing Contests.

"Absolute Horror Flash Fiction Contest"   by Pennywise

"Absolute Monthly Horror Contest"   by Pennywise
MESSAGE THREAD
Scream 4? · 07-13-10 5:18am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Scream 4? · 07-15-10 1:49pm
by Evil Wigwam
*Star* Re: Re: Scream 4? · 07-16-10 1:35pm
by Pennywise
Re: Re: Re: Scream 4? · 07-22-10 1:19am
by Evil Wigwam

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Pennywise.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2111505