Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2145974
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Community · #1282024
Forum for horror book lovers to chat
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 4, 2010 at 5:30pm
TICKTOCK
TICKTOCK by Dean Koontz

To say I loved this book would be an understatement, though I will be the first to admit that it won't be for all readers out there. I admit I see myself as a wacky - some day whacked out - kind of guy with an active sense of humour and because of that this book had me laughing out loud (not many books do that - not even the humourous ones).

I can see where Mrs Payne was coming from when she named her daughter Deliverance (I think I'd have been tempted to name her that too)... Deliverance Payne - because she had a hard labour.

It's your usual story of Korean-American (wanting to be, and trying against his mothers persistent efforts, to be American) who meets a beautiful woman and her strange dog while on the run from a doll snake rat-quick little monster thing. Adventures and escapades ensue and the couple fall in love.

In Koontz own words this is a screwball comedy - though it's the X-Files version.

It's just a shame he didn't do another another with Del, Tommy, and Scootie as a series would've been a great thing.

Be aware that most of the chapters are approximately forty pages long - though they tended to fly by - and as always Koontz brings together some unique characters and is right on time when he starts the chase.

If you've read a few darker books and you're looking for a lighter read then give this a try - you may just laugh out loud too.

10/10

Come join me - We ALL Float Down Here.

*Balloon3* PENNYWISE *Balloon3* Stephen *Balloon3*

Second greeting to the contest pages.

"Absolute Horror Flash Fiction Contest"   by Pennywise

"Absolute Monthly Horror Contest"   by Pennywise
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
TICKTOCK · 10-04-10 5:30pm
by Pennywise

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Pennywise.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2145974