SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2145964
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Community · #1282024
Forum for horror book lovers to chat
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 4, 2010 at 5:04pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Under The Dome
Being Unemployed has done two good things for me... given me the time to come back to the great WdC site and to read more books (seems it's an unemployed thing with me - I read shed-loads last time, back in the BIG recession of the 80's).

I loved Koontz around the Phantoms and Lightening era of his work - Phantoms is way spooky (and the film wasn't too bad either) - I've just finished TICKTOCK an I'm about to review that next - Now he seems to have dropped into the "Thriller" mode, though he's done a modern Frankenstein, which I've yet too read; and looking forward to them.

As for Clive Barker, The Books of Blood are awesome, though he went through a spout of fantasy stories - Loved Abarat though - stay well clear of Mister B Gone - review below (probably on an earlier page now).

Campbell, Herbert, Laws are like Barker English horror writers - if you enjoyed Barker then Campbell will be right up your street (and I'd say better too...).

I love reading new authors - getting bogged down to a few isn't good idea, cause you miss what's out there - and you could miss a great book and a cracking read. At the moment I'm reading Madman Stan and Other Stories by Richard Laymon; though after that I think I'll try the guy who wrote The Ring and Dark Water *Smile*

Glad I could encourage you to possibly try new authors. Keep reading.

Come join me - We ALL Float Down Here.

*Balloon3* PENNYWISE *Balloon3* Stephen *Balloon3*

Second greeting to the contest pages.

"Absolute Horror Flash Fiction Contest"   by Pennywise

"Absolute Monthly Horror Contest"   by Pennywise
MESSAGE THREAD
Under The Dome · 08-31-10 4:51pm
by Pennywise
Re: Under The Dome · 09-02-10 2:13pm
by Hermatt
Re: Re: Under The Dome · 09-14-10 5:29pm
by Pennywise
Re: Re: Re: Under The Dome · 09-14-10 6:27pm
by Michael
Re: Re: Re: Under The Dome · 09-15-10 2:07pm
by Hermatt
Re: Under The Dome · 09-16-10 9:26pm
by SharotheFantasyWriter
Re: Re: Under The Dome · 09-23-10 6:39am
by Pennywise
Re: Re: Re: Under The Dome · 09-25-10 12:32am
by SharotheFantasyWriter
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Re: Under The Dome · 10-04-10 5:04pm
by Pennywise

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Pennywise.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2145964