*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2150671
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #1651462
Sit back with a cold drink and chat along too...
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 15, 2010 at 12:59am
Re: Re: Inconsistency between review comment & star
It's hard to say why. Some reviewers only give 3.5 *which is above average if I remember right, or a max. It could be they did like your story premise etc, but felt it needed much editing.

I got a 4 on an item and then asked why, and the person got all angry that I even asked. I sincerely wanted to know. I wasn't complaining though. Still that's how she took it. and got offended. Needless, to say I reviewed some of hers too and started rethinking my ratings. I don't like giving someone a really low rating if they try to fix it and it's not a total mess.

If I like a story I am more than likely to give a higher rating even if it has a few errors that can be easily fixed, but sometimes if it's too much then I have no choice, and then I tell them to fix it up and request another review and I'll re-review it and either give them more advice or raise the rating again.

signature dream team
I am owner/leader of Dream Team, and also very proud to be a Vigilante Angel Ranger.
Through space the universe encompasses and swallows me up like an atom; through thought I comprehend the world.
Blaise Pascal
MESSAGE THREAD
Inconsistency between review comment & star · 03-25-10 9:13am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Inconsistency between review comment & star · 06-01-10 7:18pm
by K.R.Dermody
*Star* Re: Re: Inconsistency between review comment & star · 10-15-10 12:59am
by ~SilverMoon~
Re: Re: Re: Inconsistency between review comment & star · 10-21-10 11:21pm
by K.R.Dermody

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, K.R.Dermody.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2150671