(111)
Rated: E · Message Forum · Inspirational · #1230549
Honoring the WDC members who have passed away
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 20, 2010 at 2:24am
Re: Re: Great Idea
by SWPoet
Kiya, thanks so much for having this forum.

I wonder if we could put a "last will and testament" note in our ports for instructions on who in wdc to contact if we "disappear" that may know us personally. If so (if we are so lucky and know a person face to face that is on wdc) can not only inform other wdc'ers if we meet a fatal end at some point but also to ensure that someone is able to get access to our work for our kids or loved ones. I know it sounds bleak but my dear husband wouldn't even think clearly much less think at all about wdc if something happened to me. Pat (warriormom) and I are friends at work and we made a pact that if something happens to either of us, the other would inform others here on wdc and pull off the work done in the portfolios to give to the other's kids or husband. It makes both of us feel better. Honestly, there are those who are sick that might need a wdc person to just check in periodically. For the rest of us, we have no idea when sudden and unexpected events occur. Also, aren't most of us a "writing island" in a family of non-writers? Would our relatives really even think to check wdc? Just some thoughts to ponder.

I really appreciate this site for keeping these writers' memories alive. I was shocked to see the addition of Jaye P in the white cases. I also still miss Larry's conversations about poetry and both of their encouraging and positive comments and attitudes. I didn't know about Judy B either (I guess I've been out of pocket a bit or I would have known). And, did you guys notice that nowhere in Larry P's (KansasPoets) obituary does it say "writer/poet". But we know and that has to be enough, I guess. Though I do wonder if his kids knew about this site and about what he has written and contributed here.

Well, I've written way too much but maybe some thoughts will stick and we could find a buddy that we really care about or some way to write our preferences if someone is able to get our loved ones to go to the wdc file. Any suggestions?

Brandy (SWPoet)
MESSAGE THREAD
Great Idea · 07-14-09 11:40am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Great Idea · 07-14-09 10:23pm
by It's too hot already!
*Star* Re: Re: Great Idea · 10-20-10 2:24am
by SWPoet
Re: Re: Re: Great Idea · 10-20-10 8:09am
by iKïyå§ama-House Targaryen
Re: Re: Re: Great Idea · 11-17-10 4:09pm
by Starr* Rathburn

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, iKïyå§ama-House Targaryen.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2152917