*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2183977
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Message Forum · Erotica · #1739400
Please discuss my stories to help me write them better.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 7, 2011 at 8:30pm
Starting at the beginning
Ever since I was little, I have been fascinated by fiction. Television and books were constant sources of stories for me, bordering on obsession. I have no idea how many thousands of books I have read in my life, but they have helped influence my writing style.

I have no qualifications as a writer. I am largely self-taught. This means there is a lot I do not know, and I probably make mistakes. I pride myself on the quality of my spelling, punctuation and vocabulary, but story design and elements is something that I have learned from experience (and lots of books).

I have been taking my writing seriously for about twenty years now. Since then, when I write I take a measure of pride in my work and endeavour to make it the best I can.

I have a creatively analytical mind. Sometimes I will look at a situation and see the possibilities that could spring from that, and I will explore them and the possibilities that branch out from them. Sometimes the hard part is choosing which one to limit myself to, which is why I have taken to using interactive fiction - if I want to write a story in multiple ways I have that option.

Sometimes I get stuck. Sometimes the words won't flow no matter how long I stare at the blank page, when other times the words flow through me as through the story is writing itself through me. Sometimes I just cannot decide which project I want to work on next, for there are so many to choose from.

Sometimes I just find myself wondering if I am doing it right, which is why I am asking for help.

I would like for people to offer constructive criticism on my writings. Please tell me what parts were good, where you felt I had made mistakes, and how you think I could do better. By all means ask why I did something a certain way, or what I was trying to achieve. I cannot guarantee an answer - time is limited - but I'll try.

I am not used to using forums. This is as much an experiment for me as a lot of the things I do. I just thought that I would give it a try and see if it helped.

Huntsman
... making bellies bigger.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Starting at the beginning · 01-07-11 8:30pm
by Huntsman

<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Huntsman.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2183977