*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2212628
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Contest · #1092898
A monthly contest that focuses on Genre writing. CLOSED for the Summer.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 15, 2011 at 9:27am
Re: My entry for the contest
by A Non-Existent User
The Finest Leather

Choosing the best leather for a shoe is one thing, but choosing the most suitable leather for particular product is another for the second one depends more on the usage of the product. Lauvy was too good in the second and had a great admiration for the people who were good in the first. He felt all very excited whenever he got an opportunity to talk about leather experts who can decide the finest leather for shoes. He had a huge collection of books by leather experts all over the world and another big collection of shoes designed by them.
He was on a trip to swiss to meet one of his business clients. One winter evening he went to the coffee shop close to the hotel he was staying. Once he entered he saw a man with a bright smile in his face sitting in one of the tables. He greeted him “Hi! I am a visitor here.” The Man with the bright smile greeted back “Hello. I am Novanc. I live here.” . The conversation started mildly and gathered great enthusiasm. Soon Lauvy started “ hey! You should know how these leather experts choose leather for shoes.”
Novanc asked “is it? I hardly have any knowledge on this. May be you could explain me how they actually do.” That was it. Lauvy started with all that he knows “let me start with Clarke’s “and he went on. He went on with BLC, Paul and Taylor and so on. The way Novanc was participating in the conversation was just amazing. It looked like he will win the most active listener contest if any.
And soon Lauvy looked at his watch and said “oh it is time. I have to leave. “ and he went to the reception to pay the bill. The receptionist looked intensely at Lauvy and said “ Can you wait for a second out of the door. I have something very important to say.”
Lauvy wondered what it could be. But he waited. She came and said “I think it is important that you know this. Novanc doesn’t have both legs. “
That was the last time Lauvy ever spoke to anybody about shoes and finest leather.
MESSAGE THREAD
My entry for the contest · 03-15-11 9:25am
by A Non-Existent User
*Star* Re: My entry for the contest · 03-15-11 9:27am
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, StephBee.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2212628