*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2214488
Rated: E · Message Forum · Writing · #758789
Do you write for publication? What markets? Use market guides? Which ones?
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 19, 2011 at 11:28am
Edited: March 19, 2011 at 11:30am
Re: Re: when submitting to publishers...
by Carlita

Yes, I agree with deborahowen. I thought about using my work on Writing.com as a "extra credit" when thinking of whether or not I should get my work published and who would accept poetry. For me, Writing.com is a great practice tool for writing and toning your work. There are publishing oriented groups on WDC that may answer your question in more detail. I don't know exactly how it works, but if you need to send an resume, for example, to an editor (whoever you supposed to send your work to first), I'd type all your work on plain paper--hard copy--and in the resume, if it asks for "what associations, et cetera are you involved in" then I'd put Writing.com, and whoever else that publishers may take into consideration. However, since (I don't believe?) Writing.com is an offical association, I would an portolio here to submit your work to an editor or publisher. In my opinion, if you want to show editors and publishers that you have other associations with which your work is affiliated with, I'd find a site specific for publications, serious writing, and membership to writers (published or not). Writing.com has a plethera of people coming and reading and reviewing, so I wouldn't know how to send your writings here without having them not see reviews of your work--expecially if you have negative reviews. That isn't a good first impression.

This advise is only personal opinion. I hope it answered your questions.

Carlita*Bird*
MESSAGE THREAD
when submitting to publishers... · 07-01-04 11:23am
by â™ EverynKildareâ™ 
Re: when submitting to publishers... · 08-08-04 9:58am
by Cubby
Re: when submitting to publishers... · 03-10-10 12:58pm
by Deborah Owen
*Star* Re: Re: when submitting to publishers... · 03-19-11 11:28am
by Carlita
Re: when submitting to publishers... · 03-04-19 11:26am
by Nwriter

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Chriswriter.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2214488