*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2295226
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(167)
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Other · #101179
All invited, Speak your mind, got a New Story?, Opinion?, Need help?, Like a story?.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 10, 2011 at 1:59am
Words per day!
Hey! I am not sure if this is the place to post it but I wrote my 200 words for today and figured I had to post it somewhere! If there is a specific place for something like this I apologize, these forums are quite huge and I was anxious to put this up. So here they are. It is just a prelude and minor engagement in a fight scene I have been working on. ANY critique is welcome! Thanks guys!

Kota stood in the arena pit smeared with light grey mud; tired, bruised, and battered. He had been sparring with his brother Koben since the sun was still arced high in the sky and he watched as it slowly sunk into the horizon, ushering in darkness. As it did the glare lessened and slowly his brother edged into his vision. Koben was on the other end of the arena staring at him with not a speck of mud on his armor or snow white cloak. Koben had always been adept at harnessing the [energy] and it almost always made for lopsided spars as Kota could unleash his but never at will. From somewhere Kota heard the bell.
Kota closed his eyes and tried to focus. He could hear Koben closing in on him and desperately he tried to empty his mind and envision the blue crystal. The memories of the day and all his frustrations clouded his mind. He heard Koben grunt and suddenly he felt a rush of warmth, his thoughts cleared and the crystal was there. He opened his eyes. Koben was feet away, seconds from landing a blow. Kota side stepped with ease. Positioning himself behind Koben, Kota knelt and dug his feet into the mud. As Koben was turning about he launched himself at him and struck with such force it threw his brother across the pit, tumbling through the mud.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Words per day! · 09-10-11 1:59am
by Miles Doognevil

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The Milkman.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2295226