*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2299543
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(167)
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Other · #101179
All invited, Speak your mind, got a New Story?, Opinion?, Need help?, Like a story?.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 19, 2011 at 12:49am
Story Cafe... Good Day!
Well, as I walk into this place, picking my sunglasses off my nose and sticking them way up into my frizzy brown hair, I am pretty pleased to find a homey atmosphere that feels warm, chatty, and welcoming. I notice the 2 fans blowing a nice breeze right around my face, as it has been a long and hot drive to get here, you know what I mean? Lots of places to check into, with lots of promises of hospitality, but not a lot of follow-thru, i tell ya.

Being free2live, I am really about looking at life with some humor as, and lets face it, life is funny (whether we want it to be, or not). Also, Life is not tidy. So those things that I would really love to just categorize into a nice box of memories or experiences and then place them in a shelf somewhere.... they never stay put. There is leakage, for one thing. And bulging. And ripping and tearing and seeping of the past right into the present and on toward the future. So if I don't just embrace this particular trait, well then I waste a whole bunch of time with a perpetual mop and bucket. Who has time for that???

Back to your Cafe. I am looking forward to some pie. Some good pie always inspires creativity in me. Also, advice, input, and a bit of banter. I am big on banter.

I write about life from my point of view. This includes family. And being a woman. And a Fatty. And a Thinny. And being too old, and too young. And poor and rich. All At The Same Time. Also, lets throw some travel in there.

I am looking forward to reading your views, your talent, your passion, your flaws, your brilliance, and your .... you. It opens the space for me to be me.

Woot!
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Story Cafe... Good Day! · 09-19-11 12:49am
by free2live

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The Milkman.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2299543