Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2320675
by esprit
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Nonsense · #942723
Fact per Mike Wonch: It ain’t a good review unless I throw a tantrum and CRY
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Nov 5, 2011 at 4:40am
Might as well liven up the joint
I haven't been to this page in a long time. I'll ask this here and then over on the other page. You know the thing on the reviewing page: it says ....Affiliated With: Am I supposed to put Constructive Reviewers Group.....or Reviewers Anonymous? I still have the RA logo.
Generally speaking, in the last year I have gone in spurts. I have my Poetry Forum, and I find things on the Review Request Page. But, honestly....there have been a MOB of new people joining. And, also a MOB of new groups, mostly Review Groups. I can scan 100 of them. I am reluctant to join some of these groups. Maybe for lack of time. But it seems there is a quota thing happening. "Join this group and do 6 reviews in one day and you will get a merit badge; don't forget the fundraising, and our raffle, and remember to use the weekly prompt to find the things you want to review.....". And of course make sure your signature at the bottom of every review is over 6" tall.....but not to worry if your character count is barely 300. Tell you the truth I get exhausted! I looked at the "most active review groups......and found groups I've never heard of before this year. These groups have awardicons and medals. Simply put...I am reluctant to join any reviewing groups. I don't know the members, or how they review.
I am CONFUSED! But, I will say, the poems I've been reading lately have been really good. And it feels good to tell a newbie that they aren't as bad as they may think. In response they tell me about some of their other reviews, people saying..."Well, I wouldn't write it THAT way...sniff, sniff...", or telling them not to return until they learn how to write.....or being just plain critical about subject matter..etc. I feel for these new folks. I get alot of them in my forum, who say the reviews they've gotten were not helpful at all. Never constructive, never pointing them in some direction. So these new folks are flailing around feeling dumb. And, surprise, this week I got reviews on two of my poems - out of the blue! For no reason. Of, I forgot, another lame-brain reviewer. This lady sent a wonderful piece about seeing things through God's eyes. She said a reviewer told her...that if she had changed what he told her to change, God WOULD have used her words in helping people. But since her poem was imperfect, God certainly would not lower Himself...yada, yada. As if God only uses the Perfect people of this world. I told her the reviewer was an idiot, and never to doubt her course.
Sorry for the long post. Just bringing up some of My experiences and my confusion of sorts. Just wanted to check in.

MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Might as well liven up the joint · 11-05-11 4:40am
by njames51

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, esprit.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2320675