*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2405329
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(103)
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Contest · #994771
Do you have 15 minutes? Come in and join this contest!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 15, 2012 at 2:44pm
Edited: June 15, 2012 at 2:52pm
June 15 - Dog
by Maryann
"Grandma! Look what daddy gave me for my birthday!" Five year old, Ben, declared as he bolted through the front door.

"Hi, Grace. I don't know what your son was thinking to give Ben a real digital camera." Barbara said as she gave her mother-in-law a big hug.

"A camera! Bring it here, Ben. Let me see it!"

Ben was very happy to oblige. "See, Grandma! It's red! Daddy got me a camera in my favorite color. What should I take pictures of?"

"Oh goodness." Grandma thought. "Oh, I know! Why don't you go out to the yard and take a few pictures of Muffy. Muffy never had his picture taken, so this will be a real treat for him!"

Grandma Grace loved the little black and white dog. After her husband died, she got a dog for companionship. The two were now inseparable.

One week later...

Tears streamed down her cheeks, as Grace looked at the pictures of Muffy, which Ben took only one week before. It was hard to realize that Muffy was gone now. The excited dog had broken free of the leash and darted out into the busy street. His little life was suddenly extinguished. These distorted pictures would now be Grace's most cherished possession. She wouldn't trade any one of them for all the artwork in the Paris Louvre.

This is a sig that I use often.
RAOK's logo image.  This is a shared image, so feel free to use its item number.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
June 15 - Dog · 06-15-12 2:44pm
by Maryann

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Legerdemain.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2405329