*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2405441
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(103)
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Contest · #994771
Do you have 15 minutes? Come in and join this contest!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 15, 2012 at 8:25pm
June 14 Gun
Grainger drew his weapon. The Farzods had gone too far this time. They'd killed his wife and taken his son hostage. He squeezed the trigger and a blue light shot from the end of the gun. It exploded on the metal door of the ships engine room, melting it to the ground in a smoldering, oozing heap.

"Chambord!" He yelled into the open space, his voice echoing off the walls. Chambord had been the head of the Farzods since the old regime fell to the Meltharn eight years ago. Humans and Farzods, prior to Chambord, had held one another in high regard. The planet for Shmithshan, though, with her ample fuel resources and talented science set, had been a point of contention between the two races of late.

Grainger was in charge of the troops who patrolled and protected Shmithshan. The humans had taken it upon themselves to assist the scientists in keeping their research and technology safe from the other species who would only exploit it and those who needed it. The nanotech department alone was worth more Lira than any one man would ever see in his lifetime.

"Grainger." The body-less voice seemed to come from all around the engine room. It echoed in every direction. "It's no use, Human." Chambord chuckled. Grainger whirled around in circles, pointing his gun out in front of him.

"What do you want?" Grainger yelled, in no particular direction.

"You have nothing I want." Chambord's voice was condescending now. "What could a mere human have that I could possibly want?"

"You have my son for a reason, I'm sure." Grainger did his best to sound confident, but he wasn't sure he had many chips with which to bargain. It was a bargain with the devil, regardless.

His response was met with laughter. Somewhere behind him a heavy metal door slid shut. Grainger felt sick to his stomach, but he wasn't about to show that.

"Ah, yes. The matter of your son." There was a long pause. Grainger kept his gun pointed out, at nothing in particular, his back to a metal post in the middle of the engine room. "I have no doubt that you are fully aware of his talents."

Do you love SteamPunk? Check out this group:
The Steampunk Boiler Room  (E)
Discuss, learn, practice, promote, write and review Steampunk, Sci-fi & Fantasy with us.
#1776068 by Beck Firing back up!

My Boiler Room sig by Shannon customized from an image she bought on iStockphoto.com

A sig I bought from Forsaken.

A sig from Forsaken's shop

A new siggy
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
June 14 Gun · 06-15-12 8:25pm
by Beck Firing back up!

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Legerdemain.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2405441