*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2405511
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(103)
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Contest · #994771
Do you have 15 minutes? Come in and join this contest!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 15, 2012 at 11:12pm
June 15 - Dog
by Diane
Her big brown eyes peered up at Terry, pleading for forgiveness. Terry rolled her eyes and turned her back on the dog, leaning down to scoop the poop off the kitchen floor.

"Don't even try it, Sally. You just came in. Why don't you ever poop outside?"

Davy slid down on the floor next to his dog, petting her behind the ears. "Don't be mad, Mommy. It was just an accident. She's a good girl."

Terry sighed, "Look Davy, I know you love Sally, but I am tired after work and the last thing I want to do is walk the dog for 30 minutes only to have her poop on the kitchen floor." She washed her hands after she finished and scowled at the dog.

"But it's better than when she used to poop on the carpet, right Mom? So she's trying to be good. She just doesn't understand English yet because she's just a baby!" Davy smiled at his Mom hoping she'd see that Sally was trying to be good.

Terry shook her head and smiled at Davy. "How long do you think it will take for her to learn?"

"Well, she's pretty smart so maybe just ten or five years. That's not long, Mom. We can teach her!"

Davy held his little hand up for a high five. Terry knew she was being conned, but it was hard to say no after a pep talk from a four year old. She smacked his palm and motioned for both of them to leave the kitchen so she could finish cleaning up.

Davy and Sally wasted no time racing from the kitchen before she could change her mind.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
June 15 - Dog · 06-15-12 11:12pm
by Diane

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Legerdemain.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2405511