*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2405549
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(103)
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Contest · #994771
Do you have 15 minutes? Come in and join this contest!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 16, 2012 at 2:12am
June 15 - Dog
by Witchjy
Meandering through the grass, the lab cross was sniffing at everything it could. A black dog with brindle patches, it wasn’t much to look at, but this dog was special. Someone, long ago, had given this dog the unfortunate name of Boof. Boof wasn’t sure just what point it was that he realised he was different. Perhaps he had known for a long time but couldn’t face it. Perhaps if it had not been for a caring person picking him out of the animal shelter, he would never have known. Boof was only days away from being destroyed, when Luke picked him out and took him home.

How things changed for Boof then. He had a clean bed, good food and so many toys it was hard to choose which one to play with at any given time. His favourite toy though, was the bubble blower.

First, Luke would call out “Boof! Where are you Boof? The parcel we were waiting for has arrived.”

With that, Boof would drop whatever he was playing with and race up to Luke, running circles around him with excitement. His whole back end would wiggle and his tail would wag so hard it looked like a blur.

“OK mate, just let me udo the packaging and we will get the blower set up.”
You see, these were not just any bubbles. They were specially formulated to be safe for animals. Smelling like beef, they tasted just like a prime steak. Boof loved those bubbles so much. Even the noise of the bubble blower didn’t worry him as long as the bubbles lasted.

Loading the mixture into the machine, Luke would be talking to Boof the whole time.
“Hmm I not sure you really need this mate. Perhaps I should just put it back in the cupboard.”

“No mate, please let me have my bubbles, please” Boof would beg and plead with his bum wiggling the whole time.

“But Boof” Luke would reply. “Bubbles are kind of silly for a big dog like you.”

“You like your sports and your fluffy blanket, Luke. Let me have this and I won’t drag it out the next time you have a girl around”

“Only if you promise, on your honour, not to dig that damn blanket out again!”

“I promise, I promise!”

“Here you go then.” With that, Luke would fire up the machine and Boof would spend the next half hour chasing bubbles all around the yard.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
June 15 - Dog · 06-16-12 2:12am
by Witchjy

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Legerdemain.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2405549