*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2405881
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(103)
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Contest · #994771
Do you have 15 minutes? Come in and join this contest!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 16, 2012 at 11:36pm
Edited: June 16, 2012 at 11:40pm
June 16 - glass
by Past Member 'murphyco'
My life was over. If Dr. Kevorkian were still alive I would have called him as soon as I left the doctor’s office. I’d been on antibiotics for a month and my symptoms had not subsided. A whole new battery of tests indicated I’d contracted an extremely rare disease – a disease for which there was no cure, a disease where, if I wanted to continue to live required me to have no contact with the outside world. I would have to live a secluded life inside the walls of my house. “How is that living?” I screamed at the doctor when he gave me the news. Of course he had no answer. He sat there on the other side of his mahogany desk and said nothing while I tried to find the strength to get myself out of his office.

That was five years ago. I still have the disease. I am still confined to my house. Believe me, I thought of many ways to kill myself, but I was too chicken to act on any of them. The computer was my savior. It was pretty much my only contact with the outside world, except for the occasional phone call, the television or a conversation through the door with a deliveryman. That is until I met Walter Ludlow through a Facebook contact. He was an architect and he had a crazy idea. He said, “Why don’t we build you a glass house? You may not be able to leave it, but if your walls are made up entirely of glass, at least you can feel more connected. I can make a speaker system so you can see your friends and communicate with them face-to-face. I’ve never designed anything like it before, but I definitely think it’s doable....."
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
June 16 - glass · 06-16-12 11:36pm
by Past Member 'murphyco'

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Legerdemain.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2405881