Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2533011
Rated: E · Message Forum · Inspirational · #1127078
A place to mingle and meet friends.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 9, 2013 at 9:43pm
Re: A Stray Lamb
by A Non-Existent User
First of all, let me say, Good for you! *Bigsmile* There is nothing that can change our lives and our hearts as powerfully as the Gospel of Christ.

I would say to make sure you find a reason within yourself to become active in church and to stay active, even when things get hard. For instance, a friend of mine keeps going to church--even when she doesn't feel like it--because of the peace and strength it brings her. Look for the blessings that church attendance and full participation in the Gospel bring you--and remember those blessings when you're tempted to skip church.

I would advise you to surround yourselves with things that help you feel the Spirit and to feel God's love for you. For example: Uplifting pictures, music, books. Hymns. The Scriptures. Photos of temples, "The Family: A Proclamation to the World" and "The Living Christ." Conference issues of the Ensign. It's OK to start small and work on building up, and there is no need to be embarrassed about being imperfect (we're all imperfect)--but I promise that if you and your wife are sincere in seeking the Lord, that you will be blessed more than you can comprehend--more than you even think now that it is possible to be blessed.

Also, if it would help you, I know I would love it if you would keep us updated. *Smile* Let us know how things are going as you and your wife are making this journey. We're all of us on a journey back to God, and we want you to be with us as we strive to live closer to Him, to learn for ourselves from our own experience of the great and abiding joy that comes from obedience to God and a clear conscience.

Thanks so much for sharing your journey with us! May God be with you, and don't be afraid. *Smile* God loves you.

-Mariah :)

Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor

I'm a Latter-day Saint!  
MESSAGE THREAD
A Stray Lamb · 06-09-13 6:04pm
by Aerix~ The Storm Dragon
*Star* Re: A Stray Lamb · 06-09-13 9:43pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Aerix~ The Storm Dragon.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2533011