*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2573581
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #1954629
A thank you gift for our fearless leaders!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 25, 2013 at 11:50pm
THANK YOU!!!!
I spend hours on Writing.com most days, and my husband will swear that I am totally addicted to this site. I find myself in conversation with my family saying 'Well I was reading on Writing.com that...' or 'I was just talking about that on Writing.com today and...' I think they're sick of hearing about Writing.com, but the truth is, it's part of my life. I get withdrawal if I can't log in!
My mum told me I should find something that provides me with face-to-face interaction, instead of virtual interaction, and I explained to her that, quite simply, Writing.com makes me happy. The people here are amazing, and I never realised that more so than recently when dealing with some family issues. They weren't just mouthing sympathy, they genuinely cared. They helped run my activities while I was absent, they checked in on me and they empathised and... They're friends. Not fellow members of a writing site, but friends.
On top of that, Writing.com inspires me to keep trying. To write new material, to improve on my existing material and never to give up. I get genuine honest feedback (not a family member who thinks everything I write is amazing) and that helps me to learn and grow and improve. And all of it is supportive and encouraging.
I love that the site is always improving, adapting and growing. I love that the owners and staff are accessible and friendly and wonderful.
I love this site. I love the people here. And if you ever went away, I'd really struggle, so don't go anywhere. Unless you come to New Zealand, in which case, I'm totally taking you out for dinner. *Laugh*
A very happy 13th birthday, and much love from one little Kiwi who has found a home for herself online.
Elle

Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1953004 by Not Available.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
THANK YOU!!!! · 09-25-13 11:50pm
by Elle - on hiatus
Re: THANK YOU!!!! · 09-26-13 10:49pm
by The StoryMistress

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2573581