*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2573633
by Jeff
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #1954629
A thank you gift for our fearless leaders!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 26, 2013 at 4:42am
We Owe You Both So Much!
Dears SMs:

I have been back inside the community for almost a month now, and I have to say that this place is truly like no other. You almost have to be away like I was to truly appreciate the virtual village you two have created. Your "government" of our hamlet is always fair, you provide all the tools and amenities we could ask for, and you promote and reward creativity, community spirit, and thinking outside the box.

This is not just a writing community. We are an artist colony, a prayer group, a colloquy of philosophers, a town hall, a beloved neighbourhood of kids playing kick ball and hide-and-go-seek, a theatre audience, an extended family Thanksgiving dinner, a Platonic symposium, a clubhouse, a country club, a tavern, a hobby-enthusiast convention, a county fair, a preteen slumber-party, a masquerade ball, a political rally, a renaissance festival, a talk around the campfire, and a busy beehive in the big tree in grandma's backyard.

I literally could go on and on...

Most importantly, we are all a team, each one of us responsible in our own way to help move the machinery of the community.

Thanks to your system, we can all be reviewed, we can all review, we can all be group leaders, we can all be forum moderators, we can all be activity participants, we can all bestow love and grace on other members with merit badges and awardicons, and we can all bask in the confidence-boost that comes from receiving those items ourselves.

Again, I literally could go on and on...

The best compliment I could pay to both of you is that these lengthy lists show how diverse in experience being an active member of Writing.com is. Its the graceful artistry of StoryMistress' merit badges and emoticons, her concise and informative essays in the Writing.com 101 entries. It's the brilliant, tinkering StoryMaster, tweaking a bolt here and a cog there for the betterment of his village and the citizens of it that count on him, announcing all the while on the newsfeed what he's doing and why and completing the circle of community by getting instant feedback on his work from those it affects the most.

WDC is all these things, and much, much more. And I, for one, am so glad to be back.

PatrickB
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
We Owe You Both So Much! · 09-26-13 4:42am
by PatrickB
Re: We Owe You Both So Much! · 09-26-13 10:55pm
by The StoryMistress

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Jeff.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2573633