*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2588831
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(167)
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Other · #101179
All invited, Speak your mind, got a New Story?, Opinion?, Need help?, Like a story?.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 27, 2013 at 9:19pm
to my new friends
Hi, my name is Laurie and I'm a super-duper "newbie!" . I've heard great things about this site and the members etc. so I thought I'd check it out.

I'm an amateur writer. I've published two columns in Vogue and in Cosmopolitan. Nothing fancy but it was fun. I've been journaling and writing for years now (about 10) I have lived a pretty interesting life to say the least. The good, the bad, the ugly, the really fun and exciting and the dark times as well. I've written a rough draft about 6.000 words about all my exploits aptly titled , "Tales from the Upper East Side."

I am a humble, sweet person who just went through a major health crisis and it made me realize how time is so precious and life in general. I'm not waiting around anymore out of fear of falling on my face because my writing won't be good enough. I have to try so I'm taking these first few steps and hopefully can get some honest feedback from you fine people and if it's doable, I'll take the next steps!!

It's a semi-autobiographical-all names/dates/places/people/cities/locations had to be changed. I'm not doing a "tell-all" out to spill my guts and ruin people's lives 10 years later. So I've made it more upbeat, funny, engaging and even turned it into a trilogy because of the sheer volume that I want to share. From the several friends in publishing in NY that have read small excerpts they think after tweaking and editing, it could possibly get published!! I'm not claiming to be Candace Bushnell but it would be fun just to get one sold!!

Right now I'm just getting a "feel" for the site etc. and then I'll ask for tech. help on how to develop the characters , plots and all that encompasses a successful read. I'm over the moon about this.

And if I fail, oh well. Again, I'll never know if I don't try. Wish me luck! thanks for listening.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
to my new friends · 10-27-13 9:19pm
by gothamgirl
Re: to my new friends · 12-15-13 4:22am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: to my new friends · 01-31-14 11:12pm
by Wilder

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The Milkman.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2588831